Åre Extreme Challenge, 03 July 2021Let nature challenge you
ÅEC 19 - 21 August 2021 - Welcome to Åre
In the week after midsummer Åre transforms into Swedens capital of multisport. It starts with ÅEC - Åre Extreme Challenge, a race that since 1997 gathered athletes from all over the world to challenge the forces of nature.
In ÅEC you compete in:
- Whitewater (or lake) paddling
- Mountain running over the peak of Åreskutan
- Mountainbiking back to the finnish in Åre Square
There are several classes with varying distances and the possibility to compete in ÅEC Run-N-Bike, where you leave out the paddling. There is also a kids race - ÅEC Kidz.
The prize money sums up to a total of 3,500 Euro.
Åre Extreme Challenge 2020 - Race Trailer
Race wee consists of three events:
- ÅEC Kidz Event: A multisport event for kids
- ÅEC Run-N-Bike: Multisport event consisting of 16 km running + 30 km biking
- Åre Extreme Challenge: The main event – paddling, running, cycling
Åre Extreme Challenge is the Open European Championship in Multisport and offers 3,500 EURO in prize money to the top 3 Men and Women in RIVER CLASS Elite.
Let nature challenge you
The course will test you physically while also challenging your views on the value of nature and the urgent need to protect our last wild places.