Plan your trip to Åre!
Book accommodation at Copperhill
The official ÅEC Race HotelRead more
Travel to Åre
- Car. Approximately 6 hrs from Stockholm or 1 hr from Östersund, Sweden or 2.5 hrs from Trondheim, Norway.
- Train. Travel from Stockholm via SJ and other major cities to Åre. The train stops in the middle of town, 12 minute taxi to Copperhill Mountain Lodge.
- Plane to Östersund airport, Sweden (85 km from Åre). Book flights on-line with SAS or Bra, both land in Östersund from Stockholm. It is a 60 min taxi ride to Åre (train options exist, but are not timed well with plane landings, which makes the taxi a more expensive but reliable option - try FlyGTransfers for prebookable airport transfers from Ostersund). Other option is car rental from Östersund airport. (Note direct flights to Östersund from London, Copenhagen, and Amsterdam is only during the late winter).
- Plane to Trondheim airport, Norway (135 km from Åre). Book flights on-line with SAS or Norwegian from Oslo, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, etc. It is a 120 min drive to Åre or a 2.5 hr train with one stop, see Norrtag. Try car rental from Trondheim airport. Try also FlyGTransfers for prebookable airport transfers from Ostersund and Trondheim.
- ÅEC is proud to announce Copperhill Mountain Lodge as the race hotel that will support race registration (Thur/Fri) + Race meeting (Fri night) + Race bankett (Sat nigt) + Racer’s brunch (Sun).
- Copperhill Mountain Lodge is the perfect accomodation for ÅEC. Only a 12 min drive from the center of Åre, it offers spectacular views over Åre Valley, high quality rooms/suits that fit up to 8 people, a luxury spa and restaurant and, of course, an atmosphere to match the surroundings.
- Book the Special ÅEC accommodation package here.
- Kajaktiv in Dala-Floda, Stockholm and Gothenburg offers kayak rentals during race week with delivery to ÅEC. They can also arrange transport of kayak for training during the week
- Kajaksidan in Stockholm offers kayak rentals during race week with pick-up and drop-off in Stockholm.
- Mountain Experience / Fjällkajakcenter, near Åre, offers sea kayaks. Contact via email
- Camp Åre offers sea kayaks from Åre beach. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Surfbukten in Östersund offers 8 kayaks for rent. Can also arrange transport for extra cost. Contact: Simon
- Specialized offers bikes during race week Åre Bikes. More info via email@example.com
- Åre Skidsport also offers bike rentals in Åre. Contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Åre Guiderna also offers mountain bike rentals and guiding in the area. Contact email@example.com.
- Vålådalen, which is 25 min drive from Åre also offers bike rental. Contact Ola Bergqvist (+46 (0)647 353 00) firstname.lastname@example.org. This is also a fantastic area for mountain biking for those who come early or stay after ÅEC.
Transport of equipment for race day
- Support crews are optional on race day. The race organization can transport you, your kayak and your bike to the right place at the right time during the race. More info about purchasing transport under "shop".
What happens when?
- Most competitors spend the week in Åre, read more about Race Week here.
- Åre is the center of Sweden’s adventure tourism. Most racers spend the whole week enjoying whitewater rafting, hang/gliding, downhill MTB, fly fishing, hiking, canyoneering/zip line, photography, and some Sweden’s best food! More info here.